Oct 23, 2016

The Source - My Experience With a Basic Hypertext Markup Language Page

I've created multiple web pages using HTML in Adobe Dreamweaver so I thought I'd just play with some unfamiliar tags. The packet given in class mentioned the marquee tag, which I have never heard of. After playing around for a bit, I came up with a paragraph in which I copied and pasted, split up each sentence leaving one per line, and used the marquee tag to scroll each sentence across the screen at declining speeds. This looked bad because the faster and shorter sentences finished and looped first, so I looked into limiting the loop count. After this, I left just the last sentence without a loop limit, so each line would scroll making a slanted pattern of sentences, while the last, and slowest, sentence would loop forever. I was thinking perhaps the last sentence of a real meaningful paragraph for a real webpage might be shown in this way to leave more of an impact.

This got me thinking about how there can be so many parameters and possibilities hidden behind one simple tag. Not to mention all the colors, sizes, and font possibilities with the text used in other tags. Although considered primitive when compared to the modern website, the unlimited possibilities with using basic HTML to create a page is arguably more advanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment